Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

How good of you to be ther for Sue. Everybody needs a good friend
      and sounds like Sue has found one in you. Graves is hard on eveybody
      that is around you. My husband and children have a hard time understanding
      this desease. But it is real and the pain that goes along with it is real.
      It takes a strong person to get through it, and all the love and support
      you can muster. Thanks for being there for Sue, and all of use!

Later

cj

Anonymous

Hi.

I don’t know what to say. Umm, My name is Jeff. I prefer to be called Ceptor, it’s kind of a nickname that was given to me a while ago. Anyways, I had never heard of Graves until I met Sue. She explained it to me, but it didn’t make much sense to me at first. Anyways, to make a long story short, I am VERY good friends with her now, and I have been reading the BB for a little while now..
        I don’t have Graves, and I still don’t know alot about it, but I will be at the support groups on Wednesday Nights, and I will be following along with your posts on the BB, trying to learn more about GD. Thank you all for reading, and if there is ANYTHING I can do to support you all in any way, please do not hesitate to ask.. Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

I didn’t mean to cause such a stir. I do look pretty gothic, buyt the bruising isn’t too bad. What seems to have happened is that several years after my initial surguries (go look at the picture on the Home Page–that’s after the first highly sduccessful series of surgery) I began to get a LOT of scar tissue. I don’t think it’s a Graves’
          thing as much as it is a family thing for me. Everyone in my family tends to form a lot of scar tissue. About three years ago the lower lids gegan to retract pretty bad,m and they had to put on some small synthetic bones onmy cheeks, to sort of canteliever them so there would be some support there. Then they retracted some more, so my surgeon tried the first myocutaneous (myo=muscle, cutaneous=fat) flap to sort of “stuff” them. They needed some more, so the substance this time is pretty much the same stuff that women gets put in their lips!

What has been wonderful about this process is that I have met such wonderful, caring people. Would yuou believe that I met Liz via our Guest Book that Jake set up? I’ll bet I haven;t checked it more than three or four times, ever! Some things are just meant to happen. Thank you all for being there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.