Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 262 total)
  • Author

Here’s hoping you never have any complications! Get well soon!

AzGravesGuy

Good Morning!

I finally got some sleep and aside from the hot flashes and sweating I feel normal. The hot flashes have gotten less severe, but are still frequent and annoying.

Still no appetite. Still drinking every hour. Snacking on handfuls of goji berries and blueberries but no real hunger. I am down 3 pounds since Monday so I won’t complain yet.

Losing the 40 lbs I gained this year is still a priority. It didn’t make me jolly.

Strange dreams last night. Why would a T-rex be on my street?

I feel optimistic today. The first time in a week there’s some peace mentally. I love it!

Gloving up to go feed the fish. I cant wait to feel the sun. Today I can say I am happy I did the RAI. There is a long road ahead but I consider myself over the hump now. Something clicked, I feel good. Warm, but good.

adenure

Awesome! Glad to hear it! With Graves, you take any and every positive moment and enjoy it- sounds like you’re doing that really well- a quote that I saw once, “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain!” You’re doing great!

metalsrfr

Good to hear you came to terms with the decision of the RAI, I also feel good about doing it. I slept like a Rock last night once I finally fell asleep around 1 am-11 am, still feeling warm , and my throat is unbelievably sore but that was expected.

AzGravesGuy

I was just emailed the bloodwork results from the morning of the RAI. I stopped by the cash lab on the way to the hospital to get some levels before swallowing the pill.

TSH .01
              Free T4 3.9
              Free T3 10.1

I guess this explains why I am sweating. LOL!

AzGravesGuy

I felt so good yesterday I decided to do some yard work. Big mistake. Completely over did it. By 2 pm I was showered (again) and decided to take a nap. 12 hours later I woke up. Lol!

My sister took the car pool this morning as a favor. I am still sweating so much and feeling so warm I would have frozen everyone in the car out with the a/c blasting.

Today my goal is to do absolutely nothing. I feel good but running very hot.

I am FaceTiming my neice and nephews today. Like a genius their mom told them I was sick and wouldn’t be coming over for a month. This upset my neice greatly. I will be free in time for her 5th birthday party and plan on surprising her. Normally the kids hang off of me like monkeys. I was told to wait a month before they can safely do it again. I miss the little monsters already.

So far so good. Some hormone dump discomfort, some side effects from all the sugar free candy too. (Read the bag! Lol! ) Still confident I made the right decision.

Kimberly
                Online Facilitator

@AZGravesGuy – Ugh, sorry…been there, done that with overdoing the sugar-free products!

@metalsrfr – If your pain is really bad, you might consider contacting your doc’s office. About 1% of people who undergo RAI experience “radiation thyroiditis”, which resolves on its own, but can be painful. If this is what is going on, your doc might recommend nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs.

angiewbouchard

Hi. I was diagnosed with Graves 3 1/2 years ago. It has been a nightmare and total rollercoaster. I am apparantly sensitive to the medications, since when i take it i go severly hypo very quickly. My Endo keeps putting me back on the meds that arent working. I finally took a stand went to a surgeon and thankfully he is helping me move forward to a total thyroidectomy. Surgery is next week! Thank you for your post its encouraging! I’m ready to have my life back.
                    I am a single mom with 2 kids and have had to stop pretty much anything that is fun with the kids. Even standing at the stove is miserable. Thankfully they are teenagers and can cook on the days I’m stuck in the bed.

Its going to be so much better without the palpitations, depression, anxiety, and all the other craziness that goes with Graves!

Thanks again for your post! Angie

Kimberly
                    Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome to our forum! We have several regular posters here who chose surgery as their treatment option.

Hopefully, they will check in here, but in the meantime, you can use the “Search Posts” feature in the top right-hand corner of the screen to look for keywords such as “thyroidectomy”, “surgery”, etc. to read some of their stories.

Take care!
                      Kimberly

AzGravesGuy

Day 4. I am still running hot. Exhausted after a full night of sleep.

Today I feel like I have been punched in the throat. A tshirt collar is too much pressure on my neck right now.

Down 9 lbs since Tuesday. I am enjoying it while it lasts.

The discomfort is tolerable, but I am ready for the sweating to stop.

snelsen

To Angie,
                          I sent a PM to you, suggesting you post your own thread about your upcoming surgery. There is a lot of good advice and support on the forum. Several people have had a thyroidectomy in the recent past. Kimberly’s suggestion is very helpful too, to use the search engine.
                          You’ll read a lot about what to expect both before and after the surgery. So glad you are moving forward on this, so you can begin to get your life back. It is a long process, but it will work.
                          Your teenagers might appreciate reading about Graves’ too. There are good references to explain what it is like, not only for the person who has it, but for the family members.
                          Shirley

AzGravesGuy

Glad to see you back Shirley!

metalsrfr

Well I was MIA yesterday distracted by video games. My throat pain has seem to subsided, had problems sleeping last night tossed and turned to the wee hours of the morning. Feeling pretty good now still hot but it is around high 70’s to low 80’s out which is very welcome here in central texas. all windows open and enjoying the fresh air.

AzGravesGuy

Day 5.

I have to be honest, today was horrible. Something has changed hormone wise. I am no longer having severe hot flashes!

Instead today has been nothing but headaches, physical tremor, tinnitus, and a boat load of anxiety. I feel like I did 6 years ago untreated. Pulse is fast but not over 100. I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin.

Uncomfortable but not worried. Irritated for sure.

I cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings! Hopefully it will b something completely different.

adenure

Hang in there! You’re doing great- love your positive attitude!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 262 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.