Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    Online Facilitator

@AzGravesGuy – Wow, this is certainly an unexpected twist in your Graves’ journey. Fingers crossed that you are getting closer and closer to “Act 3”!

Definitely keep us posted!

Raspberry

Rooting for you AZGravesguy! You’ve certainly paid your dues and I hope this is it and you don’t have to do surgery or rai again.

AzGravesGuy

Off meds 4 days, back on the Atenolol today.

I woke up hot, wet, hr hovering just over 100. I feel sunburnt but I spent the weekend indoors. It was prickly heat yesterday, sweating today.

Debating going for my bloodwork early, but I just had it done a week ago…something has changed since stopping the methimazole. It is crazy how fast things seem to keep changing, but I am going to wait it out.

Whatever is happening, I am throwing my hands up and going “Whoooooohoooooo!” over this hill on the rollercoaster. I have to roll with it, as all things with this experience have been temporary. If I feed into this any more than I already have, I will lose perspective on it.

If I am hyper again next week, after being hypo last week, the new plan is to go on 5mg methimazole once a day and see where that gets me, depending on the degree of hyper. (Already spoke to my dr today)

This fine tuning of methimazole and the unfortunate false hope I regrettably allowed is a real bummer. However, I would rather have a week of false hope than no hope at all.

Stymie

Take it one day at a time and roll with the punches.

You’re doing a great job!,

Di

Momof5

Hang in there, Rob. You are efinitely riding a rrollercoaster.

One day at a time. This is enough.

Kimberly
              Online Facilitator

I’m so sorry to hear about this latest development…we were all hoping that you were finally going to catch a well-deserved break! But you have a great perspective (and your usual sense of humor) in handling this setback. Wishing you all the best as you tackle the latest stretch of this bumpy ride.

AzGravesGuy

New labs!

Tsh: .09L (.45-4.5) 12 days earlier it was 36.43H

FT4: 1.9H (.8-1.7) 12 days earlier it was .4L

FT3: 10.3H (2.0-4.8) 12 days earlier it was 1.9L

Boom! My old friend Hyper is back.

Back on 5mg methimazole once a day, atenolol twice a day. Recheck levels in another 2 weeks or so.

The RAI is still a bonafide fail. :-( That is ok though. I started moonlighting at a job with FULL MEDICAL COVERAGE. This thing is going to be cut out before the year is up. In 30 days my coverage begins and I do not plan on wasting a moment of time. TT all the way! One treatment didn’t work for me so on to the next one.

My body is screaming ENOUGH ALREADY! Lol! (I am screaming it too) I am back to the warm, uncomfortable, relatively ragey place I was before. Not cool. BUT I have a much better handle on things this time around. I still go through the emotional roller-coaster every day, I am just too tired and/or familiar with it to care anymore. It doesn’t effect me like it used to and that is a great thing!

I really wish the RAI was successful, as it is for so many other people. But that is not my fate with this adventure through the Graves’ Experience. ( I like things complicated and this whole deal has not disappointed in that respect.) I am still learning every day, moving forward every day.

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in and pm’d me with their messages of support. I will keep posting with any changes if and when they occur.
                  I haven’t been able to keep up with any posts on the board since starting the second job. I wish there was more time in a day, but I will try to get caught up this weekend.

5 AM….my free time for the day is up. Time to get moving!

snelsen

Hi, SUPER HAPPY about your job
                    Super sad about your ongoing problems. So not fair.
                    Don’t try to respond to all of us. You have enough on your plate!
                    Thinking of you, and will continue to write to you a bit.
                    Good thing you love a complicated life!!! Maybe you like complicated THINGS, but we need to work on the life part!!!!!!
                    Shirley

smtucker

My goodness, you are bouncing around rapidly! Can’t imagine the second job while your levels are moving so quickly, but I suspect given your goal, you will make it work. Almost time for me to update my TT entries, but overall, it hasn’t been that difficult.

vanillasky

Did I ever mention: I HATE THYROID GLANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

amosmcd

I’m so sorry the RAI was a dud for you. You’ve been incredibly patient trying to wait it out. It is good news about medical coverage, though! That will take a lot of stress out of the picture.

Hang in there. Hope you get some relief on the increased dose of Methimazole soon.

Amy

gerical

Hi To All! I am new to all of this and just completing the diagnosis phase. I guess after all is said and done it is better to know that I am not completely losing my mind with all these anxious, restless, sleepless and jittery days I have been having for so long. My PCP initially blew off the low TSH and told me I was having anxiety issues related to what I don’t know since he didn’t know me on a personal level…..and he gave me a prescription for Lexipro and sent me on my way, I wasn’t satisfied with that and sought out an endocrinologist. Never did take the Lexapro either lol. . My antibody levels all came back positive and my tsh is 0. T3 and T4 just approaching the upper limit of normal so I guess they consider this “subclinical” Had my RAI uptake scan today awaiting the final test result and then will have to discuss what to do. I am on lopressor but it is not really helping. Heart rate ok but this feeling like you are going to jump out of your skin is no better. I am glad I found this site, have never needed a forum to talk before but it is difficult to explain to people how this feels. I see I am not alone. I wish all of you well on your roads to wellness. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for all of you.

Gabe

Wow AzGravesGuy. What a roller coaster. Exactly why I’m jumping right to TT. I say that with such confidence but still delaying so I’m not impulsively making a life-altering decision. But then everything about Graves is life-altering! I commend your positive outlook and wish you the best!
                              Karen

Raspberry

So sorry to hear the hyper is back! I’m glad you’ll have full insurance soon though – that’s amazing you are able to work two jobs while all this is going on. Take care and keep us posted!

Kimberly
                                Online Facilitator

@AzGravesGuy – WOW, what a rollercoaster this has been for you. So glad that you will *finally* be getting the healthcare that you need…although it’s unfortunate that you had to start moonlighting to get decent coverage! Hoping that the rest of the year will be “smooth sailing” post-TT.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 262 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.