Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Have very many of you had severe weakness in your thighs? Mine is so bad that I can not get up from a chair without lifting myself with my arms. Last night I fell because my legs gave out. This really scared me. I called my doctor today and she wants to take more blood. She is testing for low pottassium and magnesium. If anyone knows more about this, please let me know. Melissa in Oklahoma

Anonymous

Hi,

When I was hyperthyroid my legs were very weak, especially my thighs. My endo said this was due to the fact that an overactive thyroid causes some muscle degeneration (or atrophy was the way she put it), and so it makes your muscles (especially upper arms and thighs) very weak. Since I have had RAI and am now hypo and on Synthroid, I notice that my muscles are slowing but surely becoming stronger again. Hope this helps.

Kim

Anonymous

Melissa

I have had that as hyper and hypo…please let me know if your doc comes up with anything.

Missy

Anonymous

Well, my doctor checked my potassium, magnesium, and calcium levels last Friday. Everything was normal. I had RAI about 2 weeks ago and had been off my PTU for 10 days before that. My doctor has since then put me back on 50mg of PTU 3 times a day. I was taking 150mg 3 times a day. That was before the RAI. My legs are feeling stronger ever since she put me back on PTU. I don’t know if it is because of the RAI or being off of my meds that my legs got so weak again. Thanks for your input. Melissa

Anonymous

That really makes me feel better knowing that your strength is coming back. Being so weak has really scared me. I have fallen 4 times just because my legs give out. Thanks for writing. Melissa

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.