Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

OK Folks,

I just got off the phone with the Dept of health and human Services dept of
      Social Security. It appears as if there are two options for folks who are to
      sick to work and can’t afford medicine or a visit to the doctor.

1. Social Security Disibility: You must have worked for at least ten years
      and have a doctor say you can not work for at least a year to receive benefits.

2. SSI: You must have a doctor state you can not work for at least 12 months
      and you have to have less than $2,000 in the bank or in stock and bonds or a
      redeamable life insurance policy. This also qualifies you for Medicade which
      pays for your meds and doctor visits.

You can call the Social Security office at 1-800-772-1213 for bulletins on how
      to apply. They are also going to send me four booklets for me to read up on and
      try to get smart to help you all out.

Regards,
      Jake

Anonymous

JAKE,
        JUST READ YOUR MESSAGE AND FEEL BETTER ALREADY. I TOO AM UNEMPLOYED WITH NO INSURANCE AND NO MONEY FOR MEDS. I CALLED THE LOCAL HEATH AND WELFARE OFFICE AND WAS TOLD I COULD NOT GET MEDICAID UNLESS I WAS TOTALY DISABLED. I CAN NOW PURSUE THIS FURTHER. THANK YOU.

Anonymous

move to canada meds are free but the winter is cold
          later ,steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.