As many of you already know, the company picnic has been scheduled for Sunday, July 11, 1998, at the River Park. Due to the rousing success of last year’s picnic (over 63% company attendance!), many of the same events will be held this year:
1. Softball game. Remember to bring your own equipment! If you need a glove, please contact Waffler in facilities .
2. 3-legged race. Please find a co-worker to be your partner in this fun event. Just a reminder: a few injuries occured last year as a result of height disparity. Shorty in Human Resources has everyone’s height on file if you need to check.
3. Largest fish. We will once again award a prize (as yet to be determined) to the employee with the largest fish. Due to last year’s controversy, store-bought fish are not eligible this year.
4. Tug-of-war. 401K plan employees versus other retirement plans. Please pick up your red or blue T-shirt in the Mail Room.
5. Cheese chase. Same rules as last year.
6. BBQ. We will be barbequeing again! Please bring your own meats or vegetable patties. A parks department representative, Ranger Steve Elliot, will be visiting the offices to discuss fire safety. We are still paying off that lawsuit from last year!
7. Egg toss.
8. And lastly, just a reminder to come and to have fun! Attendance will be taken. And kept on file.