Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello – I’m feeling very alone in my thyroid disease journey and am excited to find this group.

I have a 3.5 year old who was born while my Grave’s was in remission. I had a TT in January of 2023 following my levels spiking after pregnancy.

I’m a year out from surgery and my TSH is where they doctor wants it to be but my T4 is high and gets higher with every lab test.

We’ve been trying to conceive for 5 months and I’m feeling very discouraged. I had hoped that having my thyroid removed would make conceiving easier this time around. I have an appt with my endocrinologist in a few weeks. What should I be asking?

Thank you,

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – you might also visit our Facebook group (search for @GDATF) as that one tends to be more active than this forum. That’s a puzzle with the high T4 but normal TSH. Usually, it’s the TSH that goes out of range first when things are out of balance. Have you had antibodies tested recently? (TSI, TPO, TRAb) We don’t fully understand their impact on fertility and pregnancy, but it might shed some light as to what’s going on.

Abigail Beckman

thank you – I’ll join the facebook group. I haven’t had any antibody testing for about a year but I will ask my doctor if she will do it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.