Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,I am female in my forties,

I have not been diagnosed with anything and am not on any medications.

I do have a few hyper sx but not sure if they would be due to my test results.

Heart palpitations for years. Ekg normal. Occasional anxiety. Just generally feel unwell. Dry mouth.

Over the past 10 years when having my thyroid tests done they were mostly all within range. Only a couple a times over the last 10 years my TSH comes back slightly low. The last time it was slightly low was 2013, then now.

I am now seeing an endo that will recheck me in 3 months. I have had thyroid antibodies come back normal and a thyroid scan which was also normal. However the front of my neck does look puffy and my endo told me that too.

Any thoughts on why I can go so long with normal TSH then a slightly low result would be appreciated.

Below are my latest results.

Thanks.

Thyroid Function

TSH A 0.28 Ref range 0.32-5.04 mU/L

T4 Free 14.4 Ref range 10.6-19.7 pmol/L

T3 Free 4.71 Ref range 3.00-5.90 pmol/L

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – this is an interesting read from the Cleveland Clinic on low TSH. As you can see, there can be many causes, including a non-thyroid related illness, those on combination therapy who are getting too much T3, and specific drugs that suppress TSH:

(Note on links: if you click directly on the following link, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing, or you will have to log back in to the forum. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

http://www.mdedge.com/ccjm/article/95238/endocrinology/approach-low-tsh-level-patience-virtue

Of course, if you are symptomatic, that could point to actual subclinical hyperthyroidism, which doctors might elect to treat in certain cases, particularly if you are at risk for heart issues or osteoporosis.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.