Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I was originally diagnosed with Graves, but sought a second opinion. I have been diagnosed with toxic multinodular goiter. When I went in initially, my symptoms were quite pronounced. Extreme anxiety, tremors, insomnia, fear, depression.

I am on methemizole currently. But still not feeling back to normal. My TSH is still abnormal. I have improved since January, but still struggling.

I would like to hear others experiences on treatment and what was helpful for them. I am taking zoloft an anti-anxiety med and sleeping med.

My doctor gave me the option of meds, radioactive iodine or surgery. Of course right now with covid, surgery would be postponed.

I feel like my life has been turned upside down. I have trouble coping with basic day to do things.

Any info on treatment experiences, what was helpful, etc. would be appreciated.

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – hopefully, others will chime in here. My understanding is that you do have the same three treatment options with toxic multinodular goiter, except that the RAI dosing with TMNG is designed to alleviate the hyperthyroidism, not to destroy the entire thyroid gland and induce hypOthyroidism (which is the goal for patients with Graves’).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.