Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Trish, do you know how much radiation you received and what your blood levels are now? Welcome to the club called, “I’m not pleased with my Endo!”. Mine is telling me the same thing after tests that everything will back to normal. There is only two Endos in the area. I wouldn’t want to wish this on anyone, but ideally to find a female endo that has graves and had the RAI treatment. Maybe, there would be a little more of compassion and understanding. I told my endo that I wanted a copies of all my blood tests. I’m beginning to wonder just what is “normal” These guys all have different opinions about this disease and there not listening to our complaints and symptoms, they’re looking at the numbers and judging alot of this stuff on their opinions. Anyone, just wanted to let you know your not alone out there.

Anonymous

Hi– There is a book that a friend loaned me about a year ago that lists all the “normal” ranges for just about every blood/serum test known to man. (It had a hot pink cover with a picture of a microscope) GREAT book–it helped me understand a lot. It was also really helpful to me in figuring out how to read blood test results and what they mean…One day I just asked the girl at the endo’s front desk for a copy of all my medical records–including all lab test results–and using the “pink” book I looked everything up. I felt much more in control. Wish I could remember the title…I bet a university library would have it.Ariel

Anonymous

Tommorrow morning is the day for the ingestion of the pill. I met with my doctor today and after four days of testing at the hospital, he has dteremined the exact amount of RAI that I should take to slow down my thyroid. I worry that it will be too much, but worse than that, I worry that it won’t be enough. I have been of my medication for about three weeks now and I have already lost seven pounds. It seems as if it comes off as quickly as it goes on. I really don’t like the way that I have been feeling lately and frankly, I am looking forward to tommorrow. I can’t stand the hyper feeling anymore!!! If anyone has gone through the treatment, would appreciate hearing how long it should be before I notice a difference. And Bobbie, I try to laugh as much as I can, but frankly this hospital and doctor thing is tiring. I could use a good laugh about now.
          Well, enough for now. I will let you all know how it goes.
          GT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.