Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tish

PTU is just the other alternative to RAI. It stands for Propylthiourac, which is a medication to control the thyroid hormone levels. I am not on medication any longer since my Graves is in remission at present. This remission might not last and I will have to have RAI treatment.

I am feeling better now, but still have a lot of fatique just like you. I keep thinking that it might just be old age catching up on me.

I hope you will keep your chin up and have a Happy New Year! Thanks for writing me. Will hear from you soon.

Diana

Anonymous

I had the same problem when I was diagnosed with GD 2 yrs ago. Had the RAI 8 months ago. I solved my tooth decay problem by having my teeth cleaned every 3 months. That helps tremendously, but I sure do hate getting them cleaned so often. My teeth and gums are so sensitive, not sure if that has anything to do with being on the beta blockers so long.

Anonymous

Canada does not have to mail tax till end of April so we have a few more days of stress to add to the stress of having GD !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.