Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi There!

I am so sorry that you are not feeling any better after all of this. I do understand, really.

As for the bashing, we have gone through this before. Sometimes, this is the only place that some of us have to vent about anything. There either just isn’t anyone at home, or those that are don’t understand and/or don’t care. For some people on here, this board is literally their only lifeline in an otherwise pretty bleak existence. That doesn’t make it right, but would it be more right to take away the only place they have to be themselves with no pretense? With everything else that happens with Grave’s, I think we have all begun to understand some of the times on here when people get a little vitriolic.

I agree that maybe some of the board could be cleaned up, but poor Jake is already working three jobs and everyone that runs this board is a volunteer. Perhaps he will find time in the next millenium!

As for the little one liners, I guess you have just never been so down that one of those one liners is the only ray of hope and sunshine that you have seen lately. If you have, then I apologize, but like I said before, for some of the people on here, this is the only lifeline they have. I think we can put up with a few one liners now and then. And like you said about the bashing, if you don’t like what someone says, then just ignore it!

I have had a pretty rough time of it the last several months, and I literally couldn’t have made it through all of it without the prayers and thoughts and comments of the people on this board. This board is a SUPPORT board and that support comes in many forms for many different people and no one of us should really try to say what would be right or supporting for someone else. You never know if that one liner that someone sends might be just the right one at the right time to get through the fog to someone who is in so much despair that they have given up on life. I have seen it happen here.

I do understand your depression. My doctor told me that it is a typical side effect when the thyroid finally crashes after RAI. I don’t know if you have had that or not. I do know that there are a lot of different types of anti-depressants and that the one I am on know seems to be doing the job. I only take it once a day as it is a slow release capsule. If you want to know more about this so you can ask your doctor about this specific one, please feel free to e-mail me.

Again, I wish you good luck and God speed with your progress with this disease. You aren’t going to find anyone anywhere that will be more supportive and loving than Jake and Jan and Nancy and Joanne and the people that run this board. Please try to remember that when things seem the bleakest–one of us will always be here for you.

Keep up the good fight warrior!

Mitakuye Oyasin

Val

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.