Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Ron, I posted a message a while ago and you wrote back asking me some stuff
      about my diet, etc, saying you had an idea. I’ve had a look through the postings
      since, but haven’t been able to find a reply from you. Do you have any ideas
      you think can help me? It would be much appreciated.
      Paul

Anonymous

Hi Ron,
        I know this is complicated for you and getting a book from our recommended reading list on our home page at http://www.ngdf.org will probably better help you understand the treatment options.
        Surgery is a valid option for treatment, but it comes with risks.
        There is a chance one can have a thyroid storm during the surgical procedure. This option of treatment is USUALLY not recommended unless other options have been exhausted. However, with surgical removal of the thyroid, one can get regulated quicker. But remember, quicker may not necessarily be safer or better.
        With RAI, regulation takes longer because the thyroid dies off slowly. There is also a “slim” chance your doctor may not prescribe enough RAI to kill enough of the thyroid to render you HYPO.

Read up on your options in some medically “sound” books and make your decisions from there. NO one can make these choices for you. It’s a very personal decision.

Wishing You Luck on Your Choice of Treatment,
        Jan
        Online Facilitator,
        NGDF

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.