Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Karen! Wow! Good for you! I bought a motorized tradmill for myself recently and I love it. I belonged to a health club for years, but when I got the muscle weakness found the machines really hard. I like to walk, but living in NY makes in hard in the winter. So now I’m walking my butt off! (at least I hope to..hehe) Trish

Anonymous

Yes, I had hyper thyroid about eight years ago. I elected to have it treated my medication, which took about two years, but worked. At that time I had one eye that was bad and had the eyelid operated on when my levels were normal again. I did not have RAI at that time. Now, or a year and a half ago, it all started again. Then I had RAI as my Dr. said as you get older the symptoms get worse. I am just over 50. But, this time, my eyes have been the worst. Terrible double vision, weeping all the time, cannot take sunny days or any kind of bright lights. I can’t look up in a grocery store or anywhere there are bright lights. My eyes are puffy and filled with fluid, especially the one that was not operated on. As you probably read I am waiting for radiation treatments. Anyway, the answer is yes it can come back. I have an excellent Dr. and clinic who do specialize in Graves disease and do understand it. I suggest you find someone to examine you carefully. They should be able to tell if you are at some stage of this disease. I hope not. Good luck. SAS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.