Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jake, I’m more than a little concerned now that I’m reading this BB more everyday about RAI and the dosages people received. Do you think the dosage of 23 was too high! Could this be why I feel just as bad being hypo as I did before the RAI? I know I won’t get any straight answers out of my endo. The depression levels were so overwhelming. I’ve never really had any type of depression or had such destructive thoughts. Thanks for listening. Let me know if you heard how anyone else turned out with high dosages.

Anonymous

Serio,

Pain and pressure behind the eyes is a symptom of TED. Whether you have it or not, I couldn’t say. The hyperthyroidism can also effect the eyes. My eyes are the worse when I am hyper and get mostly better when I am not. You don’t have to have bulging to have TED and you don’t have to have bulging to have compression on your optic nerve.

I have a rather minimal bulging in my left eye and no lid retraction. I do have eye muscle involvement and in the past have had swollen eyelids and lots of pressure. I was told by one doctor that I didn’t have TED and another one just sort of took my word for it because he said I had obviously done a lot of reading. In other words, you need an eye doctor who actually knows something about TED don’t just assume that they all do. They don’t.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.