Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I missed something in my message I got 23 mc of radiation.

Anonymous

Thanks for all the great info you posted today.Didn’t know that most people with the RAI get between 10-16 milicuries of radiation. That explains the expression on the Endo’s face when he saw how much I was given.I never understood why. I kind of thought he would of known before the RAI, but I guess not. I am curious about whether there are any studies out there about the effects of getting higher dosages with the RAI and the effects the first 5 yrs after RAI. I also overheard the Endo mentioning a 60% uptake after such a large dosage. That sounds like my thyroid took up to 60% of the 23 mc that I was given. Its 7 months later and I still feel rotten. I’m hoping my memory and attention span gets better. Anyway, thanks for all the time you spend on this BB. Its very much appreciated.

Anonymous

thanks for the info. Dianne. I have seen on this site that many of you go to a neuro opthamologist. Does anyone recommend one in the Charlotte area as well as an endo. I am new to the area and need to have levels checked and would like to get established with one. thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.