Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve spent a little bit of time looking through what I consider to be reliable alternative medicine books (reliable in the sense that there has been scientific, double-blind-type studies done) to see if there was something else I could be doing to help myself with the Graves. And not a single one of them even mentioned an alternative treatment for hyperthyroidism. You have to keep something firmly in your mind. What is making you ill is the high levels of thyroid hormone in your system. There are things which can ameliorate the the SYMPTOMS a bit (beta blockers, acupuncture, herbs) but do absolutely nothing to bring down the level of thyroid hormone. So, what these things are doing is MASKING the problem, not treating it. Untreated hyperthyroidism is a very serious problem. It can permanently affect your heart. You really do have to take a look at what has been demonstrated to work to treat it, and choose among those treatments.

Anonymous

Wow – Ive been on this BB a lot lately! I just had a thought. I am envying all you people going to the Conference. We unfortunately won’t be able to make it – BUT – I was wondering if someone could take some group pictures and one of you computer wizards might be able to attach them to your home page.

I’m sure the information you gain at the Conference will be excellent but meeting so many of the wonderful people we all talk to on the BB should be so much fun and special. It would sure be neat to see what you all look like these days!!

Is it possible? Thanks. Have a good week. SAS

Anonymous

Hi SAS–I’m sorry to hear you won’t be going to the conference. I plan to take photos there, hopefully one of all of us from the BB together, for everyone to see when we return. Probably everyone else has the same idea, so I don’t think you have to worry about that one! Dianne N

Anonymous

Great Dianne. Thanks. I’m already looking forward to seeing the pictures. Hope you have a wonderful time and learn a lot. SAS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.