Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I, too, have been subject to migraine headaches throughout the years, and the best treatment I ever had did not involve taking any medications whatsoever. An allergist I see gave me a list of FOODS to avoid. Of course, it was all my favorite foods!!! There is some chemical substance in these foods that they believe trigger the headaches in migraine-susceptible people. Anyway, I was able to give up some of the foods, and other than that just watched carefully that I did not have any large combination of them in any given day. The migraines became less and less frequent, and only recurred when I’d gotten so used to not having them, that I forgot to watch my diet. Anybody who is interested in seeing this list of foods can email me for it. But please, make it obvious in your email subject title where you are from, or that this regards migraine foods. I get a whole lot of junk mail, and I routinely delete mail when I don’t recognize the sender. Since I don’t know all of you by email address, this will help make sure I open the mail.

Bobbi

Anonymous

Hi Colleen.
        I have had migraines forever since I was 18…I’m now 48. Mine seem to be hormonally linked. My mother had the same pattern…they ended with menopause. Finally…one reason to welcome menopause. Anyway…I have found over the years that it is true that you have to “kill” the pain of the migraine once you are in it…otherwise it can go on for days. My solution right now is that if my usual medication, fiorinal, doesn’t
        get it…I take half of a vicodin. This seem to do the trick. Vicodin, of course is a narcotic, so you have to be careful. The best way to prevent them, for me, has been acupuncture and chinese herbs. We all find
        our solutions. Good luck. I know how miserable it can be to have one that “hangs on.”
        Liz

Anonymous

I am a total basket ccase today. I have been hyper and now severly hypo (TSH57). I have never felt so bad. I am at my wits end. Does this ever get any better. I am trying to go to work half days, but cannot seem to do it for more than a couple days ata time. I cannot sleep well, and have no appetite. When I finally get something down, it is like a rock in my stomach. I wake up dizzy and neaseated. I have a burning sensation in my muscles and in my chest. I am desperate. I don’t want to go through with this anymore. PLEASE – is this all normal symptoms. I think I belong in a mental health ward, I am about to give it up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.