Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I was diagnosed about a year ago.I went to a endo with approval from my hmo.Was put on 300 ptu for 3 months and then 150.I was able to go to the endo,once every 6 weeks.Now,the hmo wants my primary care doc to do the bloodtest[he is in internal med]although he’s been great in other ways,should i be at his mercy to evaluate the bloodtest or pay to see the endo myself.All opinions welcomed.

Anonymous

During the first five and a half years with graves, I did not see an endo at all. My primary doctor diagnosed me and put me on anti-thyroid meds, beta blockers and really monitored me until I was somewhat settled down. He immediately referred me to an optho when my eyes started swelling and kept track of everything that was going on and kept me going to the right place and the right time. He would call me after I’d seen another doctor to see how I felt. Now I have a new primary doctor, an endo, and an eye doctor. Sometimes I don’t know who is in charge of what. If your primary doc can do the blood work and is familiar with graves, I would stick with him.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.