Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

As Jake will tell you, as Native Americans, we believe in the Sacred Circle and all its healing power. For those of us who are in need of healing, especially Dianne, I believe the sentiments in this poem will convey how we feel:

The Circle

On a mountain, in a forest there sat an Old Woman and her Granddaughter……They await the Sun Rise.

The valley and meadows below them are covered by a blanket of mist. Each tree and blade of grass is adorned by dew drops, like pure diamonds. Every creature of the Great Earth Mother awaits the Sun – the new day -a new life.

The silence is loud.

The old woman, an Elder loved by all who know her, draws the girl child under her blanket and folds it around her little body.
      They share the warmth of an everlasting moment of Love.

The Old One speaks softly as the Sun Rises in celebration of the new day. She speaks for happiness, health, abundance for all People. She sprinkles the golden corn pollen on the sweet Earth as an offering to the Sacred Keepers and sings her song of Beauty. She looks into the awe filled eyes of the child and says…….

“Where do you begin and I end? Where do you end and I begin? We are one. We are the Circle, the Circle is All. My thoughts are inside your thoughts. I live there now inside you, even when you do not see me any more. I am with you, we are Always. Remember………

Your Grandfathers and Grandmothers are inside of you. They are the blood that flows through you.They speak to you. Learn to hear them. They pass their wisdom on to help – through you. All people have good medicines, and they pass it to the next generation of their people. Only that which is pure is kept and passed on. Listen and bring back the values.

Honor all Life, all people, all the Earth and the Sky Nations.You my child, are all these and more.

-Remember – remember…

Tell the Children of the People this….

Remember us around the fires, and when you sit in the circle and walk along these Paths -remember –

tell them for us……  

~Author Unknown~

I wish the great healing power of Grandfather Spirit be bestowed on all of you — Warrior Sisters and Brothers — so that we may continue to fight the great fight and teach the good ways to the young ones so that we will be remembered when we can no longer be seen…….

Mitakuye Oyasin
      Val

Anonymous

Val,

That is truly beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing that with us.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Emily

Anonymous

This is an absolutely beautiful poem. My grandmother
          wrote me a long letter when she found out about my
          health problems. She told me about when my grandfather
          (her husband) had Graves’ disease, how he felt, how
          she felt, etc. It was very moving for me and gave
          me a peak into their lives. Grandparents do hold
          wisdom. We just have to be open to it. I have most
          likely been passed down the genes for Graves’through
          my grandfather, but have been passed down the wisdom
          to deal with it also.

Thanks for the poem

Kristy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.