Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

What is it with this lousy anxiety? As if the rest of the disease wasn’t
      bad enough! I’m tired of being tense and anxious. Tired of taking xanax, which
      sure isn’t stopping my racing heart when it decides to start pumping.
      I really hope RAI helps you, this thing seems to mess up our lives, change
      our plans….I’m fightin that with all I’ve got! Take care of yourself, I’ll be praying
      for you. Glynis

Anonymous

Glynis,its 4am in the morning can’t sleep don’t think about
        the heart ,try to take your mind off it because its going to come back
        anyway thats why im up and can’t sleep i wish i could sleep forever
        sometimes, you might have to try a new drug im on beta blockers
        for now but that might change soon.Im a smoker to and i know that
        i will have to quit that soon, thanks for listening,and good luck.

Anonymous

I originally was given a betablocker (back in late August), but had a bad reaction (due to the first doc
          giving me a mega dose…it was terrifying). Yesterday, my Internist put me on a different
          betablocker….so far, so good. Lowest possible dose. My Endo said if that didn’t cut it, he would up my
          dose of PTU by 50 mg and that should help. My main goal is to be able to heave
          the Xanax crap. Even in low doses I am convinced that it is too addictive…everytime
          I cut back on it within two days I end up with insomnia, etc.

My Internist (who thought he could handle all of this without referring me to an Endo)
          seemed a little “put-out” that I had taken matters in my own hands and seen an Endo on my
          own. He was referring me to a Radiologist before he sent me to an Endo! I know he just
          didn’t want to see me suffer any longer and he is a nice guy, but I didn’t mean to injure
          his ego….and seeing an Endo was very important to me.

It rots being up at 4am, knowing you really want your body to cooperate and be
          asleep in bed!!! I didn’t go to sleep until after midnight, then at 2am my baby woke up for a bottle
          and at 4am my 3 yr old got up with a bad cold and needed medicine and crawled in
          our bed, then at 5am I had to get up to give myself my PTU and my 8yr old her
          seizure medicine. I did fall back asleep until 7. It’s like your body is so very
          tired, but won’t cooperate by sleeping right.

Take care and have a happy Turkey day! Glynis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.