Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I wish I knew. I was just put on synthroid today 0125 mg. My eyes kind of bulged when I was hyper, and now are normal. Keep checking your posting and see if someone has the answer for you. Good luck :)

Anonymous

Hi, I had just posted about that posibility. See: Re: To Buntz Allergies and the EYE part of graves. Posted today… this is info I was given by my doctor. this is only his belief.. Remember medicine is not an exact science. Listen to your heart, your body and your doctor. Good Luck Reneetoo

Anonymous

Has anyone else here heard that too much synthroid can affect your eyes?
          Curious about this, since I have a change in my dosing and notice my eyes are getting a little more swollen.

Thanks for replies, as always,
          Renee

Anonymous

Just keep in mind that synthroid, and the other replacement hormone drugs, ARE thyroid hormone: they are chemically identical to our body’s own T4, thyroxin (or T3-in the case of cytomel). So anything that natural T4 can do to the body, the replacement hormones can do to the body, if they are taken in the wrong dose. Too much replacement hormone makes us hyperthyroid again. Too little makes us hypothyroid. Any and all symptoms associated with either of these conditions, could be a direct result of taking the wrong dose of hormone.

Bobbi — NGDF Asst. Online Facilitator

Anonymous

I just had this happen. After 4 months on 100 and doing ok, I started going hyper again with all of the symptoms. I started having a flareup of TED (the only other time I had it was within a week of RAI). My eye doctor asked if I was hyper again. When I saw my endo last week, she said that it is important for my eyes to keep my levels normal. I have also read this on a website specifically for TED. This week I am starting to feel better and my eyes are better too. My symptoms were swollen eyelids, pain/difficulty looking upward and outward, pain behind the eyes, and my left eye is now bulging more than the right(this last symptom has stayed).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.