Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello – I’m so glad I found this message board! I’m a Grave’s patient for 4 years now. I started with the Tapaloze/synthyroid meds and was on it for 2 years – Dr said time to come off. I was in remission for 1 1/2 years and I am heading for relapse. This time I’m experiencing different symptoms that relate to Hypo as well as Hyper. I’ve look at a lot of sites and have not seen anything about “swollen legs” (myxedema)is anyone out there experiencing this? I also have some problems breathing – I can’t walk a flight of stairs without being out of breath (do have *mild* asthma and emphysema – yes I quite smoking 1.8 yeards ago – yeah)In speaking with my Dr he said it’s possible that my enlarged thyroid could have slipped past the bones in my neck and is pressing against the Trecia (sp)(wind pipe) anyone have this either? He said he can’t confirm that till the thyroid scan which is 4/11. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated. I know one thing I hope this gets headed off really quick as the thought of going back to full blown hyper scares me to no end!

Thanks everyone
      Carol

Anonymous

I just found this message in a search and I too am having the same swelling right down to the top of my feet and I too can hardly climb a flight of stairs and if I do – I can’t talk for a good 10 min. after I get up the stairs!! I see my endo this week.

Anonymous

I have noticed that I have been clearing my throat a lot also. I always seem to have gunk in my throat. I didn’t connect it to GD until I read some of the letters on the subject. I was just recently diagnosed, but have been having the throat problems for about a year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.