Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, sounds like you’re right on schedule. My fingers swelled up too, they looked like little sausages! My memory was terrible! My family said I constantly repeated myself! I’d go into work one day and come back two days later and do the same work all over again!!! Everyone was really patient with me. It does pass. Sounds like you’re going hypo already. Hope it doesn’t get too bad for you, but if it does keep in touch thru this bb. Take care! Trish (P.S. I’m still hoping to hear from those of you who have had RAI to see how you’re doing a year or more afterward…Thanks!)

Anonymous

I had Rai in November and I find I have a hard
        time remembering anything!! I can hardly remember what I had for lunch!!
        I am also having a problem with swollen feet and legs. I look like elephant woman!!!
        Anyone else have this problem??

Anonymous

Does anybody wake up in the morning feeling swollen in the eyes, face, fingers or generally all over?

Anonymous

My fingers swell during the night and occasionally–mostly before my period–my face seems swollen to me. I don’t know if the finger swelling has anything to do with Graves or not.

Anonymous

i wake up EVERYDAY like that. i have discovered that if i drink any alcohol the night before – even just a couple of glasses of wine – the problem is markedly worse – particularly my eyes. however – i am now going to a chinese herbalist and an acupuncturist and i think that should help. the acupuncturist tol me that my liver and kidneys were really congested – makes sense.
              all i would say is that it can’t hurt – and anything that we can do to help our bodies help themselves has to be a good thing. at least chinese medicine treats the whole body and not just the gland and the hormone levels.

Anonymous

I kind of understand what you are saying, but as I found out with the GAS biz, sometimes, the side effects are worst.
                Remember, our bodies aren’t responding like they used to, so be careful, okay?

Anonymous

Having a chinese herbalist and accupunturist available to you must mean that you live in a fairly large city. I don’t have that type of treatment available to me. If you get recommended something like a tea or herb supplement that might help I’d like to hear about it.

Thanks and take care.

Vickie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.