Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tracy, so sorry I made you cry. Through the past eighteen months I have had lots of “accidents” because of my double vision. Luckily because I am not working a lot of them are only for me and my doggie to see!!

Do you have a good Ophthalmologist that is well versed in Graves Eye disease? Because of what my CT scan showed I had the ten radiation treatments. About eight months after that I had the orbital decompression. Now I am waiting for a surgery date for Strabismus surgery (for the double vision). My Ophthal said he did the decompression surgery before the Strabismus because SOMETIMES if one does not have double vision before the decompression surgery the surgery can cause double vision. I think the first thing is to have a doctor that understands this disease, will discuss his/her course of action with you and whom you feel comfortable with. Once I was told what would be happening and approximately how long it would all take I felt better. I’ve sure had some bad days but some good ones too and I know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

E-mail me if I can help some more. Take care. SAS

Anonymous

I’ve read several messages here in the past few days. I just read the one about Egg On My Face…well I started crying again.
        I know that I’m not alone, but it still hurts to know that as a waitress I’ve broken more than my fair share of glasses because I thought the counter was closer than it was. Or the panel between the swinging doors wasn’t 2 inches to the right of me…it was RIGHT in front of me. Or the coffee pot that fell and, literally, exploded because I didn’t move my hand out far enough in front of it.

Question: how long can I REALLY expect this to last? 2-3 years as the brochures say?

And: can quitting my waitress job be a high probability somewhere in the near future?

And: does double-vision just get worse until phase 1 is done?

And: can surgery be expected in phase 2 after double vision in phase 1?

These are questions I can’t seem to find answers to. Any suggestions as to what books might be recommended to help me out?

Tracy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.