Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Well, I finally bugged my doctor enough so that he would do something about
      this bad stomach that I have developed. I’m going for an upper GI x-ray later
      on this morning. We are hoping that we don’t find anything. In this case, I’ll
      just have to wait until my metabolism slows down so that my GI tract will, too.
      I sure hope that RAI works. I don’t ever want to have to go through this again.
      Thanx for listening, whoever’s out there… I really appreciate all the support
      and responses I’ve been getting. I’m actually starting to believe that there’s
      hope for me yet. :-)

Caroline

Anonymous

Well, I had my upper GI x-ray this morning. My MD made it sound like it was
        going to be this horrible process, but the only thing I didn’t like about it
        was that it was boring… Anyway, they couldn’t find any diseases or ulcers.
        However, they did determine that I have hyperperistalsis. Gee, I never would
        have guessed. The barium that I had to drink went from my mouth to my colon
        in 60 minutes. That’s a lot. So the only thing I can do is wait for the RAI to work its
        magic so that my GI tract will slow down. I am very thankful that it’s not
        a tumor or an ulcer. Unfortunately, I’m not a very patient person, so I guess
        I’ll just learn to be one. I’m sorry if it sounds like all I can do is complain.
        I’m just a bit frustrated. I can hear my late grandmother tellng me, “It
        will make you a stronger person.” :-) I don’t feel very strong right now.
        Thanks everyone.

Caroline

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.