Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

am so sad, lost my friend and boss to a heart attack!
      if i had pushed myself a lot harder maybe i could have
      taken part of the stress off him…..if i had’t been so
      self centered of how i felt with “the graves thing”

now i have a stinking cold/cough i can’t get rid of

thanx for listening………..had to “tell” someone

Anonymous

Much love and Big hugs to you. Please don’t be so hard on yourself! It is not your fault this happened and certainly not your fault you are ill! Hard work of a healthy person never causes a heart attack!

HUGS,
        JAN

Anonymous

Hi there,hopefully feeling abit better with no guilt now,Now that it has been a few days I wanted to post you and see how your doing?Alot better I’m hoping for you anyways,Ialso wanted to tell you so sad that I have been putting you in my family prayers these last few days so I hope your feeling better anyways Take Care OF Yourself
          and please find a better name—so sad
          Barb

Anonymous

Hello all. It’s been a while since my last post. I recently found out that my GD triggered a diagnosis of fibromyalgia. The pain that I am in is almost unbeearable. I am going to have no choice but to go on disability. The financial hardship of this is causing my husband and I to have to sell our home. We have no idea what the future holds for us. By the time that I finish my work day (when I can get through the day) I am in so much pain that all I can do is lay on the couch. My husband has to do everything now. We haven’t even been able to sleep in our own bed for months because it is on the second floor of our house. My hubby has been very supportive of me, but I know that this is hard on him. I watch him suffer everyday having to see me like this. I know that I didn’t choose this, but I can’t help but feel guilty. If it wasn’t for me he wouldn’t have to take on so much, look for a new job, sacrifice his home and everything that he loves. I feel guilty for needing to vent sometimes about my symptoms from the GD and the fibro, but he is the person I have always gone to. Now it’s hard for me to have anyone to talk to. Everyone has their own problems, and it only makes my hubby suffer more, and me feel more guilty if I talk to him about it. I feel like I am stuck in a never-ending cycle… a lose-lose situation.

Thanks for listening everyone.

Becca

Anonymous

you sound like life is giving you a hard time these days. but, if you can sit back a bit, you’ll see that you will get through things. there is no reason to feel guilty because you are sick, anymore than you would want your husband to feel guilty if the roles were reversed. having had graves for 5 months now, along with major eye problems, i know that there are many diseases out there that are far worse. if you concentrate on getting better, enjoying the little things, the time will pass, and you and your husband will have made it through one of the “for worse” parts of marriage vows.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.