Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I definitely believe there is a connection between female hormones and GD, or at least GD treatment. I was being treated for endometriosis in 1993 with Depo-Provera. Horrible experience and refused to take it after the second injection. My period stopped for a year, mood swings bordering on psychosis. The next year, when my period returned and so did the pain, my acupuncturist suggested that I might watch my thyroid. A few months later, at my next gyn visit, I mentioned it and my swollen neck. He sent me to my endo, but they seldom talk and seem to refuse to believe there is a connection.

Now SEX!!! I think the combination of non-stop birth control pills for the endo and Tapazole for GD have killed my sex drive. That and the combination of my Depo-Provera experience and GD anxiety and complaints have nearly killed my marriage. Hey, I’m only 40!!!!

Also, I contacted Dr. Elizabeth Vliet (“Screaming Hormones” book). It costs $1,300 for a first visit, and she doesn’t handle insurance. I can’t afford that!

Teresa

Anonymous

Hi if you need help in this area
        remember the sex doctors in the house.

Anonymous

Hi,
          Do you think Tapazole affects your sex drive?
          I just found out that I have GD and My DR. put me on this for 3-6 months.
          never mentioned that! I’m 34 years old and My wife Jokes about me having a lot of Womans Hormones

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.