Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I asked about that when I had RAI. The technician said that blood-related waste has *no* significant concentration of RAI. She said the secretions to beware of were urine, saliva, and sweat – but only large amounts of sweat, like if you work out. Hope this helps out any women who are contemplating RAI.

Anonymous

Folks so often find this bb when they are facing RAI, and they often have questions regarding the precautionary measures they should take for a few days following RAI. When I had RAI, I read that radioactive material would be present for a few days in sweat and urine. I didn’t read anything regarding menstruation, but I wondered if radiation would be present in menstrual excretion as well. So, just to be extra-safe, I had the RAI scheduled for a time when I knew I would not be menstruating. I don’t know if my concern was valid or not. But it might be something that women about to undergo RAI would be wondering about. Does anyone have any info about this?
        Happy New Year everyone!!!

Robin (RedBird)

Anonymous

Hello to everyone.
          I am hoping someone can help me with this. I was having my periods every 21-25 days for the last year maybe. Now all of a sudden i don’t get one this month.I can feel cramping like i am going to get it but nothing seems to happen.I have definitely felt more hyper but i don’t know if that is the thyroid or what. I am on paroxetine and have begun decreasing the dose .I was curious if that could mess up my cycle.I have been off thyroid meds for a year and according to my doc i am in remission.I don’t believe i could be pregnant but stranger things have happened.If anyone can relate to this please let me know.
          Thanks!!!
          Take Care All,
          Lois
          I

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.