Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Well, after trying to rush through traffic just to see my endo, I decided that it was a wasted trip. It’s not that he’s a bad guy or bad at his job or anything like that. He felt my neck, asked me how I felt, warned me about symptoms to look out for that would determine hypothyroidism, had the assistant take blood, and sent me on my way. It’s only been two weeks since my RAI, so there isn’t any major change. I told him that I was sleeping more and better, which he said was good. I also told him that I can eat again. Thank goodness. It’s been almost two months of water, rice, toast, and sometimes bagels. Sigh. He wants to see me in a month unless I start noticing hypo symptoms. I’m not quite sure if I’d be a very good judge of that since almost anything feels sluggish in comparison to being hyper. I feel sluggish now, but I don’t think I’m hypo yet.

Still having major problems with my temper, however. No sluggishness in that department. I lost it at the mall yesterday. A lot of people got an interesting show, I’m sure. I threw my soda cup at my boyfriend, while yelling about how much I wanted to eat something other than the same stuff I’d been eating for the past two months. I don’t want to get into it here, but suffice it to say, I was being irrational, stubborn, and extremely angry. I know I’m not a bad person, but right now I feel like one. We saw my neuropsychologist today and I wound up yelling and making snide remarks for the entire hour. I didn’t know I could come up with so many insults. Does anyone have any suggestions on learning how to calm my temper?

Thanks & Warm Fuzzies… Caroline

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.