Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have been living with thyroid disease for 34 years now diagnosed at the age of 24. After a 15 year period in remission and now back on Synthroid for 4 years now, TSH levels are now within range. I noticed my body temperature can fall between 98.6 to 97.7 at different times of the day. This affects my mood and people even family members don’t understand that running to the doctor every time I feel bad is impractical. Hoping to find a support group in Maryland so I can connect with those that I can relate to.

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – We are a fairly small organization and don’t currently have a support group in Maryland. However, if you are close to D.C., you might be interested in attending a public forum at the Mariott Marquis the afternoon October 6th that is sponsored by the American Thyroid Association and the Alliance for Patient Education (a coalition of patient groups that includes the GDATF). We are still waiting on final details, but will post them as soon as they are available.

There are some unproven claims out there about low temperature and hypothyroidism – but reputable groups like the Mayo Clinic are concerned that writing off low temperature to hypothyroidism can prevent patients from getting an accurate diagnosis. Definitely discuss this issue with your provider – and if he/she isn’t taking your concerns seriously, consider seeking a second opinion. This is obviously affecting your quality of life, and you deserve to get answers!

Liz1967

Normal body temperature is between 97 and 99. Daily variation is not abnormal.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.