Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi folks! Was diagnosed with Graves disease about 4 years ago. Have been treated with tapozole and synthroid for 3 years. In August my new endo took me off all medications to see my true condition without them. In October I had a scan with came back mostly normal. My most recent blood work came back normal too. My endo says I’m in remission. Is this possible? Anyone else experience this? For how long? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Hello all,
        I have not been around much, work,etc. all coming to a head. Last week was very rough. Lots of pressure, and not keeping up.
        I called my Dr., and we had more blood tests done. Turns out I’m hyper again. I’ve been off the synthroid about a week, feeling better.
        Just have had a lot of headaches, but still better. My question is…could the synthroid cause this. Is there a chance my thyroid is fine
        by itself? Perhaps I’m done with this thing? We do more tests in 2 weeks. If I’m still too high, then what are my options? I’ve done the
        iodine, and the pills. I don’t want to have to do this once every year. But not into surgery. Any ideas?

Thanks, see you soon
        Michelle D.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.