Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello. Thanks for writing to me. :) Costochondritis, huh? It is just more of an annoyance than threatening to your health, huh? Did they tell you how you got it? I have a list I am making for my physican and endocrinlogist. Costochondritis along with Fibromyglia. :) It never hurts to ask that is for sure. It is a great relief to know there are people like me and you. :) I get my ultra sound in a few weeks then a stress test in June. It’s funny to me (but not at the same time) because I am 22. Thank you BIG TIME again for writing. :)

Anonymous

I had the same type symptoms, kept going to the emergency room thinking it was my heart,yet my ekg’s were always normal. My Dr finally diagnosed me with Costochondritis,after examining me and found out how sore and tender my chest was. Its an inflammation of the cartilage that connects your soft tissue to your ribcage. They call it “The heart attack that wasn’t” because the symptoms are familiar. I had constant chest pains and discomfort radiating around my back, palpitations, etc. She put me on Bextra (an anti-inflamatory) and after a couple of weeks it started to go away. I have to remember not to lift heavy objects because that can bring it back.
        Ask your drs if they have ruled it out. Hope it helps
        NHill

Anonymous

I was also diagnosed with Costochondritis. Is this a common thing among Graves patients, or just a coincidence? I am just curious, and also still learning and wondering what to ask, or not ask my Endo. Thanks! :)

Anonymous

From what I have read costochondritis sometimes shows up in Graves disease patients, they don’t know why. People usually get it from lifting heavy objects, its a pretty common sports injury too. all I know is, after taking an anti inflammatory, I stopped having “heart” symptoms. What I thought were heart palpitations, were actually esophageal spasms. It wasn’t my heart at all. They did an endoscopy and afterward, showed me a picture of it! Can you imagine? I thought hey, there’s a great christmas card – hahaha! they put you in a twilight sleep and scope down your throat. I don’t even remember them doing it. piece of cake. Its something to have your Doc rule out anyway.
            Good luck and chin up young one.
            nhill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.