Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

To the newly diagnosed:

Welcome,

The best bet is to read all the posts. Then go to the support group page
      at http://www.support-group.com and look at the National Graves Disease Foundations
      home page. Send a self addressed stamped envelope to the NGDF. Look under
      support groups to see if we have one in your state. If we don’t call the nearest
      one and see what is going on. Keep checking out the BB and sign up for the CHAT
      room if we don’t have a group near you. Keep the faith, keep a good sense of
      humor and you will get through this. But most of all realize you are not alone.
      We have all gone through this in one form or another. There are over three
      million people with Graves disease.

Regards,
      Jake George
      Facilitator
      On-line support Group

Anonymous

Hi. i’ve been recently diagnosed. i still have to do scans and then
        possible radioactive iodine. i’m having trouble sleeping; i’m taking
        atenolol for my heartrate (my pulse was 108) and i just generally feel
        crummy, shakes and tremors, itches, shortness of breath, etc. So, who’s
        out there? any suggestions? i’m feeling clueless and have never talked
        to anyone else with graves

Anonymous

I was recently diagnosed with Graves disease with a possibility of having
          Hashimotos disease also. I have been kind of concerned about the medicine
          I have just started taking, but I don’t seem to have much choice. Lately,
          I have been mentally punishing myself for not reading up on everything I
          can get my hands on. My husband is a pharmacy student, but just begining
          and he has been asking some questions about it to his professors and they
          have been helpful but I would appreciate any kind of input from you also.
          I am a twenty year old full time housewife and I also put my husband
          through college and pay all of the bills. I have always felt like I try
          to do too much, but lately I am sick constantly. I am constantly
          stressed and find myself staying up later at night and progressively sleep
          more and more. If any one has any suggestions or even just want to write
          back feel free! Thanks Signed-Confused.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.