Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

can walk thats it , cant exercise till they find out whats wrong with my heart
      thanks,shannon your advice is good but dont know what wrong with the ticker
      yet, more test on monday should have some anwsers.

love ,steve

Anonymous

thanks for the advice trying to understand but i guess i will wait, i ve
        been told from the some people that it takes 6 months on replacement drugs
        to feel like me again, i will see.

thanks, steve

Anonymous

Steve, not sure, but maybe it’s because with this disease you don’t exercise or do any more then you have to and you’re out of shape. I find doing a few steps a day isn’t bad, but later in the day I need the elevator, also, my leg muscles hurt more easily, like I’ve done arobics or something. I’m into my third week after RAI and it seems like some of my energy has come back. I also am experiencing Spring fever right now because the temps have gone into the 60’s. I’m sure the weather plays a big part in how we feel.

Chin up you’re doing great.

Anonymous

well its cold in canada,not an excuse to not exercise,im fit.
            I know im out of shape,but if anyone can understand its hard
            when i have pain in my chest,i have to find out whats wrong first.
            i quit smoking so this something new for me.how you doing still
            playing cowboy, riding wild horses.Where are you from fancy?

thanks,

later ,steve

Anonymous

Dear Steve,
              here is a thought that might apply in one way or another.

when i was first diagnosed by my general practitioner, he
              suggested RAI which he described as “quick and slick”
              you take a pill and get on with your life. I know many of you would beg to differ with that characterization.
              In fact, it seems to take quite a lot of patience and some time
              to get all the way “back on track”. But I wanted to give you some background regarding the next “info” he gave me.
              This same doc( he is a nice guy and a very good GP, in general)
              then told me that some people get so used to being hyper that they go through terrible transition
              when they are at a “controlled normal”. Two possibilities occur to me..
              there could be some truth in what he is saying. he likened it to a “speed freak”
              getting clean. Or, the other possibility, he is wrong but this type
              of” doc teaching” (assuming he didn’t make it up himself) accounts for why it is so hard for some doctors to hear how actualy miserable
              some patients are post RAI and on various low doses of synthroid.
              They think you are just adjusting to not being hyper. Now, unfortunately
              I don’t know the answer. My own experience is that Tapazole has
              brought my levels way down and I feel better and have
              etter energy and recognize myself more clearly. Any way, now that I have solved nothing
              and helped in noway….I’ll say hope you feel better soon. jeannette

Anonymous

I agree. Many doctors think we’re so used to being hyper that we can’t
                adjust to being normal. But a lot of us are really hypo and can’t get
                good response from the replacement medication. They never treat the
                ‘low normal’. I hope that philosophy changes in the near future.
                It really feels like hell to be in the ‘low normal’ range – or
                starving and still gaining weight. That’s not normal.
                I think we really need to start documenting in an organized manner
                specifically how we feel, if we have lost employment because of effects
                of thyroid hormones – low or high, and how long after the inception of
                out disease we got other related diseases.
                Some of this lack of response is our fault for being so passive and
                not documenting our problems.
                In the meantime, thank God for the BB.

Anonymous

yes thank god for the bb, and congrads to you joan!
                  thanks again, for being there for me.

thanks ,steve

Anonymous

yes thank god for the bb, and congrads to you joan!
                    thanks again, for being there for me.

thanks ,steve

Anonymous

Dear Steve,

Frustrating, isn’t it!! Being hyper for a long time can be really debilitating. I used to power-walk three miles every morning, before the onset of this wretched disease. Now, a slow, one-mile meander sends me back to bed for a nap, with all the muscles in my legs screaming at me because they feel misused. Geesh! While I would definitely recommend that you keep in touch with the doctors, to make certain that there isn’t something else going on, you need to recognize that you’ve been really sick for a while, and it is going to take time, and a slow buildup to get your old strength back. Those muscles in your legs, etc. have probably taken a beating. In one of the books I got from the thyroid association, they showed pictures of people whose muscles had atrophied because of being hyper. I was never that bad, but it made the point to me that I needed to start a slow, cautious exercise program to get back to my pre-hyper condition. I know we all hate to hear the “it just takes time” mantra from the doctors, but I think that is the reality. Hang in there, Steve. And take good care of yourself.

Bobbi

Anonymous

Here’s an example i can do maybe one physical thing per day,
                        like today i did my laundry,i cant belive it im a 34yr old in
                        a 90 yr old body. I was never like this going monday to the hospital
                        for more test, my biggest concern is my heart, and that im losing
                        to much weight , other wise i spend alot of time at home these days.
                        Hoping to be me again real soon , you wouldn’t belive the energy
                        i used to have, im a fighter – will get better.

Thanks ,steve

Anonymous

Steve,

Of course if you are having heart trouble, you are going to feel tired. I hope they find out what it is and it is nothing serious. Maybe it is the aftereffects of being hyper.

I’m from Pennsylvania.

Yesterday I was so happy. I could get on my horse and off without a stool or any help. Hope this continues. I think I will try riding again today. They say riding has helped alot of diseases and it is excellant exercise. Horses have pulled me through alot and I think they will pull me through this too. I have had horses all my life so I can’t quit now.

Hope you feel better.
                          Fancy

Anonymous

Next time im driving through the Penn State i will enjoy some riding
                            lessions,last timei was on a horse, i was a supply teacher for a day
                            for grade 7 students and their field trip was horsebacking riding ,they
                            gave me the biggest horse, and the horse took me for a ride knowing
                            i didn’t have must experience, i was feaking out the students had a laugh too.
                            Im going to the hospital tomorrow for test,im a little chicken , but a good friend
                            told me that its fear ,not the pain that will bother me tomorrow ,she is right.

thank you,

fancy,

Anonymous

Any time you’re coming through PA let me know, your’re welcome to stop and go for a ride. We have a few gentle horses.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.