Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

June,

Welcome. I hope that you find help here.

Probably the first course of action is to seek a good ‘endocrinologist’. A good endo can diagnose if you have a thyroid disorder, and they will also know what exactly it is. This is probably the most important step. If you have seen an endo, and they say they can’t tell if you have a thyroid disorder, than try another one. If they do several tests and say that it is definitely not your thyroid, then I would (most of the time) believe them and try another area.

However, if you are still confused then try this.
      (You may not understand the following info, but your doctors should, and they probably already know this)

The best indication of Grave’s disease is a low or non-existant TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone). If you do not have a low TSH (it is within range) then you know 99.999999% (actually 100%) that it is not Grave’s. If your thyroid hormones, T3 or T4, are high then you have some type of problem with your thyroid, and if your TSH is high while your other hormones T3 and T4 are high, then that may be related to a problem with your pituitary gland.

What are the “implications” that you speek of? symptoms?

Grave’s disease is a form of hyperthyroidism, and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis is where the body attacks the thyroid and causes it to eventually malfunction and partially or completely “die” and hense you become hypothyroid.

I understand a little what you are going through, because when I first had a problem I just wanted to know what it was. I felt so much better when I found out what I had. It’s really hard to be in the dark.

if you click on my name above, you can email me.

Good Luck,

Ron
      “Sleepless in Kent”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.