Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I was diagnosed with Graves in 1994, did the p.t.u. for awhile, kept forgetting doses(man, that stuff is bitter) and finally opted for RAI in July ’95. Now I just take Synthroid everyday, but I find myself depressed and my hair has thinned. Has anyone else experienced this?Ariel

Anonymous

Yes! Yes! Yes! My hair is much thinner. I don’t know what you can do about it except only use a wide tooth comb to comb your hair WHEN IT’S WET and get a hairstyle that doesn’t require frequent handling. Hope this helps—Kendra

Anonymous

I had kind of a horrible experience with thinning hair. I had lived away from home
          for quite some time. I had always had this thick mane of hair down my back. Then I got
          GD. After the second “atomic coctail” my hair really thinned out big time. I went home
          for a visit to see my family. There was one occasion when I was eating breakfast with my
          mother and aunts, When I left the dining room to walk into the kitchen, they immediatly
          started talking about my “lost beauty” It was dreadful! Well, I calmly walked back into
          the dining room and reminded them that GD did not affect hearing! What they had to whisper
          alone they could say to me….now on the upswing. It has been two years since that experience,
          and my hair is pretty much returned. I cut it to allow and even grow-back. And I took care
          of it big time. I used some great conditioners and thickeners. I found a wonderful beautician
          who helped me through the regrowth. You are not alone….good luck….Carolyn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.