Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I preferred to end this Graves Complaints topic but this morning brought something to mind.

I woke up with a sore throat, ears aching and sneezing – obviously cold/flu symptoms. BUT with my eyes already sore and tearing and not focusing properly plus being constantly tired from my Graves disease – this ordinary flu hit as a double whammy.

I can’t blame getting a cold on Graves but I can blame the fact that the symptoms together with my Graves symptoms make me feel pretty awful today.

I think it’s not that we blame everything on GD it’s the fact that “normal” sickness and ailments are compounded by our disease. We need somewhere to vent. Saying something “out loud” to another person helps mellow the fear and frustrations from within us. An understanding response can help a lot.

Now, I think I’ll lie down with my flax pillow on my eyes and remember tomorrow is another day.

Have a good weekend everybody – it is a long weekend in Canada and here in Vancouver we have hot, sunny weather. Most people are thrilled. SAS

PS: Welcome to the BB Lori – I’ll e-mail you and also answer answer taskit when my eyes have rested.

Anonymous

Well I have been dreading this day for a long time
        I am turning50!!!
        I was really bummed out about it and then I
        got my Sh*t together and said
        “It’s only a number”!!!!!
        I am going to enjoy this birthday to the fullest
        and thrive on the fact that I am finally feeling better,
        Have a GREAT weekend everyone
        LynnthePB from Toronto

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.