Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Shannon, I think you’re spot on with your assessment of hair products. I’ve been a distributor for a range of personal care products and have learned much about just what is in some products. I assume your recommendation for avoiding the harsh soap shampoos refers to the ingredient, Sodium Laurel Sulfate. There are some based on Ammonium Laurel Sulfate and I would suggest anyone with rough hair and a dry scalp try one of these. Of couse I think the one I use and sell is the best :0) but there are others out there. Also, avoid anything that’s going to build up on your hair. Animal fats are a real culprit here. A lightly formulated, leave in conditioner (if you can find one on the pharmacy shelf without mineral oil and animal fats) would be good. I had rough hair when I was first diagnosed but haven’t lost a lot of hair. I got acne instead, but now that’s gone. My Dr prescribed a new birth control pill called “Diane” and it seemed to do the trick. Hair loss is caused by an imbalance of hormones, as is acne, and hormones can be very elusive things to control.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.