Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Dianne – I agree. People just do not understand, especially at work. I am now starting at 10 instead of 8 because I just can’t focus in the morning and have been up several times in the night due to not sleeping, and when I come in I know they all think “isn’t she lucky” – little do they know. It’s not just the eyes but all the other problems that don’t show that come with this disease. I’m from the west coast and it’s only 9:20 but you may be trying to get some sleep about now. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. SAS

Anonymous

Thanks Lynn and Shannon and SAS! I’ll get over this ugliness, and it’s really nice to find people who understand it.

Lynn, can you possibly get in sooner than two weeks? I think it must be really harmful to go very hypo after we’ve been hyper. It was a bit less than four months after RAI before I got on replacement. I insisted on seeing my endo immediately when I started feeling like you describe, and continued to decline for quite awhile even after starting hormone replacement.

“Waiting to see how we’ll do” is, unfortunately, part of this process. When we already KNOW how we’re doing, why wait more?

Dianne N

Anonymous

Hi Lynn from Toronto – at least you can drive. I have not driven since August and it makes it really hard always having to get someone to pick me up (I’m lucky my husband is a great guy and arranges his days around my appointments and shortened hours at work). I sure am getting fed up with this whole thing. It’s pretty bad when you wake up and it’s sunny and you swear because it’s so hard on the eyes. We live in Vancouver and look out on the Ocean and the mountains which are now covered with snow and most people would love the view but I go around the condo with sunglasses on! I was already peeved and now I am stupidly watching (or listening) to the hockey game and the Canucks who have been doing terribly this year are doing their worst tonight. Oh well tomorrow is another day and it clouded over tonight and now is raining so I probably don’t have to worry about the glare tomorrow. Do you work. I am trying to make a decision about going on disability but I don’t really want to. At least our medical is better than most. The different treatments and cat scans etc. I have had would have made us mortgage our condo by now in some countries. I guess things are not all that bad. Good luck – feel better tomorrow!!! SAS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.