Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Glynis, I mentioned yesterday that my heart raced – still does at times, but nothing like before I was given this drug called Verapamil. It’s used as blood pressure medictation also, but mainly for controlling the heart beat. This was the first thing my endo did for me; said that I couldn’t be going around with l32 and above heart rates. I’ve been on it about l month now and do notice a difference – I still get a racing heart sometimes, but not like before. Perhaps you could mention this to your endo and stress how uncomfortable it is to have your heart racing.
      Also, I have asthma so I also cannot take beta blockers – this drug is different. It also helps me to sleep better. Before I was diagnosed
      I would feel my heart pounding late at night – when everything is supposed to be quieted down. But not at all now. Good luck!

Anonymous

Glynis, I mentioned yesterday that my heart raced – still does at times.
        But, this drug Verapamil (which is also used for blood pressure, but more often for lowering heart rate) has helped. Perhaps you could mention this to your endo. That was the first thing mine did for me – he said that I couldn’t be going around with heart rates of l32 and above. Since I’ve been on it (about l month now) I have only had the super fast areas only a few times and it helps me to sleep better. Before I was diagnosed I would feel my heart late at night when everything is supposed to be quieted down! Not so with this drug. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.