Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Blynn,

Your post made me smile because I think my husband could not wait for me to get my eye lid surgery due to all of my complaining. My optho even wrote me a note to be off work a month before I had the eye lid surgery.

The awful eye pain that I was having due to the eye exposure was very hard to describe. I am so glad that it is now part of my past!

Michele B.

Anonymous

Michele,

Would your husband talk to my husband? I met a woman this evening
        who probably has Graves’ eyes, but I didn’t have the nerve to ask
        her. I wonder how many people think the same about me.

Thanks for the chuckle.
        Blynn

Anonymous

Hi Blynn,

If you put your e-mail address in the e-mail optional box this would enable me to send you an e-mail by clicking on your name. It took me a while to figure that one out.

But anyway, I am sure my husband can tell your husband what I was going thru and how he felt about it. We do have a few funny stories too!
          I will try to make it to the Graves’ Disease Support Chat tonight at 9:00 so if you are there I could ask my husband to type a few lines. :)

Before I had my eye lid surgery my husband had already gone to many of my eye appts with me and also did alot of reading on the internet. He is the one that found this BB for me. That is what got me interested in learning how to use this PC. hehehehe

Debby Jass has a really nice web site. I really liked reading her story because she had the eye lid surgery. She has a nice way of explaining things too. Her address, http://www.concentric.net/~ddjass
          She has the before and after pictures on her web site and her eyes are real cute. That helped me to feel more comfortable about my decession making process.

Blynn, I hated the eye pain so much that I if I did not get the eye lid surgery I am sure that I would have been asking for pain pills next!
          I was ready to get the decompression surgery, anything to stop the pain.
          Glad I did not have to have it but I was ready!

The ophthalmologist that did my eye lid surgery is an ocoloplastic and orbital sugeon with lots of years of experience. The cover of his booklet also says Consultant In Ophthalmic Plastic Orbital and Lacrimal Surgery.

I am real happy with the my new eye lids. They are even too.

Take Care,

Michele B.

Anonymous

Blynn,
            I hate to go out with jake anymore because he’ll say, “I bet that person has graves”. “hey, look at so and so, I’ll bet she/he has graves”. He has even asked the person such! How rude!
            Just wanted to add my 2 pennies.

Hugs,
            JAN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.