Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Most of my doctors told me to avoid Iodine, including multivitamins that contain it. Also be careful with any herbs or “supernutrients”. I am a believer in healthy food but I just had to visit with a hematologist because a low platelet problem and the first thing he asked me was whether I toke any of these stuff. He said that some them tend to lower platelets. At the time I couldn’t rememmber anything unususal besides some vitamins and garlic pills. But later at home, I remember that occasionaly I take ginseng root capsules for some extra energy (I haven’t notice any difference). I am not blaming them for the low platelet problem but I won’t take them anymore just in case.
      Good luck to you.
      Denise E.

Anonymous

Hi, my name is Stephen.
        I was just diagnosed with GD on Dec 9th. I am on 50mgs of PTU. I am wondering if anyon can give me some advise on specific nutritional suupplements that aren’t too expensive.

Anonymous

The cheapest nutritional supplement you can find is ordinary food, well-balanced nutritionally, and prepared properly. There is no rational need for nutritional supplements if you are taking care to eat properly. A good multi-vitamin added to a healthy diet is more than enough.

Bobbi — NGDF Online Facilitator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.