Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mary,

I’m just curious – did you have a baby recently? It sounds like it could be Postpartum Thyroiditis if it is coming down like that on its own and the scan reading in the normal range.

Did your Endo say “Graves” for sure or has he mentioned thyroiditis?

Taking PTU during a cold won’t hurt – when I was first diagnosed I had a terrible cold and taking it was just fine.

BTW, you might want to get your progesterone and estrogen levels checked. Low progesterone can cause very similar symptoms to hyperthyroidism. (I had that, too, once I got it straightened out even things on the thyroid front improved).

Hope you are feeling better very soon!
      Glynis

Anonymous

What it sounds like to me is that you may have had acute (short lived)thyrotoxicosis. Grave’s is a chronic (long-lasting) form of thyrotoxicosis. They usually have identical symtpoms, but the acute form widdles away. Usually an uptake and scan will be normal with the acute form. You might also want to have your antibodies checked, because they are not very high if present at all with acute thyrotoxicosis, where as they a present for some time (even in remission) with Grave’s.

Good Luck,

Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.