Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, Nancy, you told me on the phone sometime last week about a Susan Calico in Berkeley who had delivered a talk @ a Grave’s conference regarding naturopathic healing. Do you recall our conversation or this person?
      Anyway, you gave me a phone #(510-540-8840) it turned out to be a wrong #.
      I’d still like to contact her. Has anyone heard tell of Ms. Calico, or other naturopathic alternatives to RAI, thyroidectomy or drug therapy? I know the prospects are not very encouraging in terms of a “cure”, but I don’t want to leave any stone unturned. My wife(who has Grave’s)
      is doing a juice/broth fast following the pattern taught by Paavo Airola. She’s also taking indural & being monitored by her endocrinologist.

Anonymous

Hi Nancy.
        If you got my other message please disregard this one. I wrote anothesr one and I’m not sure if it posted. Anyway, thanks for you response. It is very encouraging. I am still researching acupuncturists and will let you and others know how it goes. At this point since the “regular” doctors can’t seem to help me or even give me advice and/or preventative treatments to stop it from getting any worse, it’s very worth trying. Hearing from others like yourself is so helpful when one doesn’t know where to turn because the doctors I have seen so far aren ‘t helping. My experience with traditional doctors and this disease takes the phrase “get a second opinion” to a whole new angle.

Thanks,

Michele

Anonymous

There are several slightly different acupuncturists around. I find the best to be either those trained in traditional Chinese (in China), or those trained in England. England, no kidding, has a long history of acceptance of acupunture and those trained there are among the best.

Bruce

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.