Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

You said: “I have been more bothered by tachycardia…”

What’s tachycardia?

Anonymous

Sam,
        Tachycardia is an abnormally rapid heart beat.

Marie

Anonymous

I am new to all this and in same boat. I am hyper, and my antibodies are positive. I assumed Graves, and still do. Endo ordered a thyroid scan and uptake, I think because my other levels were not that high, however. (TSH was pretty low, >.005). And my uptake was 35%. Radiologist said normal was 10-40, but I read anything over 30 was high. I see endo on Monday for all the results. I actually panicked briefly that it was something WORSE than Graves. Which has led me to cross my fingers for a Graves diagnosis! Haha.

Love this board, I’ll report back next week.

Anonymous

Sam,
            Tachycardia is fast heart rate. Sorry, I am an RN and sometimes I forget I’m not at work!

Anonymous

Yes, Megan…I too am RN/PHN and yes, tachycardia is fast heart rate, usually >100 beats per minute. Keep those questions coming!

Anonymous

Good news everyone! I went to my endo today and my TSH is heading towards normal and my T3 and T4 is on the tip of the normal range. It’s been 2 1/2 months since my RAI Treatment and I’m now feeling optimistic. I don’t know if it’s coming towards normal from the RAI or from the high dosage of the anti-thyroid medicine, but at this point I don’t care. Something’s working. I feel lucky that I haven’t had any major problems from my Graves (not yet) but I continue to remind myself that although my levels may become normal, I’ll always have Graves with possible affects in the future.

I did have my tests for Thyroid-stimulating Immunoglobulin (TSI) and Antimicrosomal Antibodies but those results aren’t in yet. I won’t get them until next week.

I had my first visit to my Opthomologist last week and he said that everything looks great. He wants to see me once a year to keep “an eye” on me. LOL I haven’t had any eye problems yet.

Wilm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.