Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Reply to JLau:

Thanks for your kind response. I was on ATDs, Tapazole, for 5 months before my RAI. I wish I had stayed on it longer now, in hindsight. My eyes bacame affected 1 month after RAI. I think the endo wanted to do the RAI and get it over with so in the long run, less monitoring & testing is involved; easier on him! I had very very severy hypo symptoms within 6 weeks of RAI, which over a year later, I’m still recuperating from. If only I could do it all over….

Best wishes to you,

Renee

Anonymous

My endo said I had a mild case even though I had negligible TSH because

1. I feel great. Can still exercise and stuff.
        2. T3 normal and T4 was only very mildly elevated.

Yes, I do have Graves, but the case is so mild that he said I don’t need ATDs anymore. I was on them for 2.5 years and got into remission before getting out six months later. (According to ther numbers.) The endo is just going to monitor me and if the numbers get bad or I feel terrible, then we will discuss treatment again.

Anonymous

By my TSI. It was 11 and should have been under 1.0.

Which it is now, but I am still on synthroid and plan to remain on synthroid so that I don’t start trying to produce my own and run the possibility of becoming hyperthryoid again. I am not taking synthroid for hypothryodism, which is the reason most people take it. I am taking synthroid so that I don’t try to produce my own.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.