Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I can relate. For me i always felt angry and like i could and would cry at anything, just look at me funny and i would start. I didn’t know at the time why and for a while when i was really sick (but didn’t know why) my husband didn’t “believe” there was anyitng wrong with me b/c i looked fine. He thought i was over dramatizing. Even weeks after diagnosis he couldn’t udnerstand what it was diong to my moods, body, memory, etc. and he would get frustrated with me. I know how important it is to have others validate what you are going through. Have you had treatment? Are you on medciation? I found relief about 2 months after RAI and have been pretty good ever since, it is a shame you contineu to suffer. Feel free to email me anytime, if you click on my name it will take you to my email address.
      Kate

Anonymous

Shortstack. I can totally relate. Before I was diagnosed I was sitting in a meeting and for NO appraent reason felt tears in my eyes, this happened ALOT. I understand about not having anyone to talk to regarding how you’re feeling too. My friends tried but until you’ve experienced GD and all the symptoms, etc. you can’t relate. I know the first weekend after diagnosis I discovered that my legs had become weak enough that I couldn’t get in the saddle (I ride horseback) from the ground. Then a couple weeks later I went on a ride with friends and my horse spooked and scared the _ _ _ _ out of me. After the ride a good friend said, “Well you’re passed that hurdle now”, as if it was a piece of cake. I almost cried because she just didn’t understand how terribly scared I was. So it is a challenge at times.

Know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. And this site has been a God send for me as well as many others. Feel free to e-mail by clicking on my name anytime.

GOOD LUCK!!
        Lynn “Fancy”
        Lynn

Anonymous

Hi: It’s strange how you notice things are different but don’t get it..Before i was diagnosed I noticed my vision was double in the morning before I took my shower and then it cleared up unless I looked down and that my upper arms were (and are) very sore for no known reason. Then shopping and things on the floor when I had to kneel down, I couldn’t get back up.. I thought I was really getting out of shape..Bladder infection that I hadn’t had for 10 years easy.. But you can’t put it together..I’ve always been the healthy one in the family but it caught up to me.. The first week after diag I was really upset especially with the eye involvement and still scared about it..Going to get worse or stay the same or maybe go back to normal?? It’s an awful thing to have ..
          Anyway,, feeling better and crossing my fingers..

regards, Ricki

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.