Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I had problems with my legs. Before diagnosis, I had gone shopping for a birthday present in a bookstore. I knelt down to look at something on the bottom shelf. Big mistake. I couldn’t get up. The rack that I was looking at was a wire rack. I couldn’t use that for support to get up. I would have toppled it over on top of me. I should have looked for a cute single guy to help me up but I was too embarassed for that. I “walked” on my knees over to a very strong wood shelf and pulled myself up. I didn’t look at anything on bottom shelves for a long time.

I had RAI 2 years ago. Kundalini yoga helped me tremendously to build up those muscles again. Now I’m walking a mile in the morning and a mile at night. I couldn’t do every pose the way the exercise was designed. My instructor was great about alternate directions for those of us that aren’t pretzels. I did what I could and over time I was able to do more and more.

Linette

Anonymous

Thanks Betsy..
        I am going to the Dr today. I couldnt even get into work yesterday…
        How long have you had this?

Anonymous

Thanks… I am glad to know I am not alone..

Anonymous

I take ibuprofen quite often. I was diagnosed with GD in January but haven’t been myself a while before that. When I think back now, (I thought it was just aging) when I would stoop down or kneel down I would have to hold onto something to get back up. Up until a week ago I had stopped taking the stairs at work because I would be panting and so out of breath just taking one flight. I felt like my legs were going to give out. Last week I started back on the stairs–I may be a little out of breath but at least I don’t feel like I am going to fall down from exhaustion. It feels so good to feel even a little better. I hope you feel better soon. Have you had RAI or surgery yet?

Anonymous

Hi,

I know exactly what you mean. There were/are days when I feel like I’m hobbling around like an old woman. I’m only 50 and I’ve always walked with a brisk stride but lately if I’m sitting and then get up to walk I feel like my legs won’t work properly–almost like a catch in my groin. Also, for the past week I’ve had a bad pain in one leg only; I wake up at night with this pain. I had RAI 2 months and 1 week ago and endo says I’m on my way to being hypo. Bloodwork will be done again 1st week of May and doc will then put me on meds. I’m just assuming this leg pain is just one more “Graves thing”! For the past few weeks I have felt a “little better” every day and yesterday for the first time in 4 months, I did more at home in that one day than I’ve done in months–I felt like I was in hyper gear. It felt so good to feel better that I couldn’t make myself sit down.

I know once I’m hypo that I will start feeling tired so I’m doing all I can while I can.

Sorry to ramble on. Good luck to you!

Betsy

Anonymous

Hi,
                About two weeks ago I had the muscle problem with my legs, hurt, ache, weak,etc. My Dr ordered labs, (more than just thyroid this time,) one of the labs came back that my Magnessuim (sp)was very low. She told me mine was do to having graves.
                I have been taking 1 400mg of Magox dailey. In less than 4 – 5 days my legs were so much better, Today I am still taking Mag0x and my legs dont hurt. I was walking like a robot, had to hold something to pull up from a chair, etc. Maybe ask your Dr to do a blood panel to check you Magnessuim (sp). Your case could be different, but its worth asking.
                I have a few calls into my dr. as I had labs done this week becaue my pulse went from 100 – 115 down to 80. I feel slow, kinda weak. I think I am going hypo.. But being Friday I would like an answer on my labs to confirm it…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.