Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Karen-

My doctor worked with prisoners a lot and we talked about that the other day, he said that thyroid problems and especially the associated depression and mood swings definetely are a factor in many murders.

Not that people with Graves’ are murderers but this mostly points out how important it is to recognize and do something about depression.

Bruce

Anonymous

You’re wondering about this topic: Here in the Detroit area is where a straight man murdered a gay man after the Jenny Jones talk show surprised the straight man with the fact that a gay acquaintance of his had a crush on him. Jenny Jones testified today in Oakland Co court, & some of it was televised. She was asked if she was aware that the straight guy was suffering from bipolar disease & Graves disease.

I was pretty miffed that they were intimating that Graves could be a factor in the murder. We had better make it clear that the mood swings of Graves doesn’t mean that we lose our rules of living. I am outraged that this conextion has been made. I think we should make it plain that we are not murderers waiting for a trigger to set us off. (Come to think of it, it is bad press for Royal Oak or Hazel park or whatever burg it happened in) Karen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.